This is where Timmy Williams blathers on and on about comic books, science fiction, movies, TV shows, and other silly stuff. If you're looking for funny stories about chickens, check his other blog. If you're here to get nerdy, strap on your galoshes and let's wade through the manure that is pop culture minutiae.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Iron Man 2: War Of Eccentricity!

I like Iron Man 2 a lot!  I thought it could have been tighter around the middle, but the same has been said about me, so who's to judge?

Really what this movie is about is who can be the most eccentric bad guy.  Mickey Rourke starts the movie off just being himself, which puts him in the lead.  Then Sam Rockwell shows up and talks funny.  Touche.  So Mickey starts demanding he have a cockatiel.  Then Sam decided to eat his dessert before dinner AND have orange palms for some reason.  Mickey decides he can't be beat so he blows up all of Rockwell's robots.

The best part of all this artistic wackiness is that it makes Robert Downey look like a normal leading man.  Smooth move guys!  This means that Iron Man 3 will have to up the quirkiness though.  I say Busey as the Mandarin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey why has it been so long since u blogged

About Me

My photo
I am in a comedy troupe. I read comic books. I eat nachos.